Sunday, June 10, 2012

Mr. Google!

My adorable, all-grown-up little boy! I couldn't have been more proud of you on your graduation. Preschool doesn't seem like such a big deal when you're a bit older, but you did a lot of growing up this past school year. You were always such a big helper to your teachers, Miss Charlotte and Miss Dani. You helped me make gifts for your friends on each holiday. You had something new to teach me everyday, and I was lucky enough to realize it.
As you watched your friends receive awards during graduation, you would cheer them on louder than any parent could. I was so proud to watch how you supported your classmates! Then, you got a little frustrated when your name was not being called for an award after a while. Eventually, saving the best for last, your teacher began to tell us a short story.. She explained that when she was at home and didn't know the answer to something, she would use her computer and look up the answers with Google. But when she was at school and needed an answer, all she had to do was ask Sawyer! She went on to say that even if you didn't know the exact answer, you were prepared to give her any answer and your reasoning behind it. She gave you the Google award because you know pretty much everything!  I agree with her, and I think this was the perfect award for you! You ALWAYS have an answer and if I hesitate to agree with that answer, you rattle off your explanation before I can object. You are the smartest person I know, Sawyer, not only for knowing so much and soaking up so much information, but for asking lots of questions when you don't always know. Keep asking questions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment